Friday, February 8, 2013

Gardein Review: Beefless Tips & Burgers

Veganism has hit the mainstream homies and there ain't no looking back! I remember the days when vegan hamburger patties tasted like um, VEGAN HAMBURGER PATTIES... Like, you couldn't serve that shit up to a meat eater and be like "Surprise!!! I bet you had NO CLUE that was vegan!!!"

I think they would laugh in your face and thankfully, I never attempted such idiocracy, I just said, "Hey, this is a veggie burger, and it tastes pretty good and isn't disgustingly bad for you and nobody got hurt." :)

These days are different my friends with GARDEIN... I swear on my life you could pull a fast one with these... AND PLEASE wait until they finish and say how damn good their burger was before you, "Share the good news" and laugh in their face! Kidding, but only sorta... I admit that mock meats and other prepackaged vegan food is expensive compared to what I usually eat, but I feel like overall (Once you build up a spice collection) veganism is VERY CHEAP... Your diet consists of fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds, grains, and legumes... Also, a pound of organic tofu at Sprouts costs me 99 cents and is cholesterol free and full of protein (8 grams a serving and about 32g's a block) and I can buy a bag of Vital Wheat Gluten for about $6 and make over 3 pounds of Seitan (Wheat Meat)... I think vegan "Meaty" options are much cheaper and healthier when compared to animal products.

ANYWAYS, here in So Cal, Gardein products are about $4... The Tips are about 2 hearty servings (IMO) and the Burgers come in a pack of 4.


My friend Melissa got me hooked on the Tips!!! They are magical pan fried with some olive oil and accompanied by homemade mashed potatoes and balsamic-maple glazed purple onions (Thinly slice some purple onions, cook them down on medium heat in some olive oil until translucent, add balsamic vinegar and cook down some more, add maple syrup and cook down until liquid has evaporated for the most part, plop on top of mashed potaters).


The Burgers are out of this world!!! Just pan fry them in a little oil and serve them up with all the fixings which for me are Vegenaise, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup :)

1 comment:

Vic Robinson said...

I agree. Both are amazing. Soooo goood!